Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Reviews
Our customer review on the Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill. Most people still think that they have no choice but to settle for a tiny grill when looking for something portable that they can take on road trips. The Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE is not tiny at all, with a cooking surface of 285 square inches; it is almost as big as some home grills. It is designed for portability and features two wheels, towing handle, detachable side tables and weighs only 40 pounds. We found Amazon.com to have the best overall price on this product as the prices covers free delivery also, which can sometime really push the price up. Click here to check it out.
Overall Product Rating:
Based on customer reviews on Amazon.com, the Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE is rated at 4.3 stars on average out of 5.0 based on over 335 customer reviews. Let us have a look at some of the negative and positive reviews that these reviewers left after trying this grill.
Coleman 9949-750 Grill Features and Specifications
- From Coleman, 36-inch collapsible propane grill for use at home or on the road
- With 285 square inches cooking space, grill features porcelain-coated cast-iron grates for durability and cleaning ease
- Meats cook over 2 10,000 BTU straight burners; requires separate purchase of a 16.4-ounce disposable propane cylinder
- Additional features include towing handle, wheels, and detachable side tables; assembly required
- The collapsed grill measures 36 by 22 by 13 inches with a shipping weight of 60 pounds; limited 5-year warranty
Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill Negative Reviews
One issue that a notable number of reviewers pointed out is that the side tables, though a great addition, are very small and flimsy and may not really serve the purpose they were made for.
Most reviewers also pointed out that the grill is not too easy to clean because one has to unscrew the reflector plate to clean under it and the solid area on the middle of the burner burns food that will have to be chiseled off first when cleaning.
- The burners too seemed to have issues for most customers, some complained about the arrangement while most noted that the burners did not heat evenly, making the use of the grill quite a headache.
- The burners are also round and not long burners may provide enough heat fast but one will have to keep juggling food to get sufficient heat to sear according to some customers who have tried the Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE.
- Click Here to read more negative reviews.
Coleman 9949-750 Positive Reviews
- One positive point that is agreed upon by all reviewers is that the Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE heats up fast, it is very light and the non-stick coating makes it great to use to grill all kinds of food.
- Also, the grill cools down very fast, making it possible for use even in situations where time for cooking is limited.
- With ‘Low’ and ‘High’ settings, the Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE the user does not have to waste gas when they need minimal heat to grill light food or warm up pre-cooked food.
- Aside from good design, the Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE is also very easy to use and comes with a manual which most buyers found to be very beneficial.
- According to most reviewers, it is best to clean the grill while it is still hot to prevent sticking especially on the solid surface of the grill.
- Click Here to read more reviews.
Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE Conclusion
A product with a customer rating of 4.3 is definitely worth checking out. Having looked at the features that this product has, we highly recommend it to those who want a small light portable grill that is equally powerful, with 20,000 BTU grilling heat.
The Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE may be just the grill you are looking for to use outdoors.